Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thanksgiving and more!


 We had a wonderful Thanksgiving until dinner rolled around.  Tate had been complaining about his stomach hurting (which he never does), so he was resting on the couch next to the kitchen table. He didn't feel like eating.  About 5 minutes into dinner, Tate starts throwing up all over my mother-in-law's couch, pillows, and carpet.  Could he have waited 10-15 minutes until dinner was over??  Anyway, we cleaned puke while everyone finished eating. Luckily, after resting for a few minutes he felt better!  Kids make life a little more interesting.
 
 
This kid is constantly at my legs wanting to be held.  Love it and hate it at the same time.

 
 We were lucky enough to get Papa out of the nursing home for a few hours to join us for dinner.
 

 Tate on his short little rest after the episode.
 
I was lucky enough to get the stomach flu a day later, I was sick as a dog.  Then Brett got it the day after that.  It was a fun Thanksgiving weekend of illnesses.  Made us all VERY thankful for our health!


I haven't blogged for so long I felt I needed to do a little update on our little guys:

TOBY (14 months):
 


-He's a rascal, and mischievous, and sly, and cute as ever.
-He is walking all the time now, started about 1 week ago.
-Could eat 5 bananas per day.
-Loves to bonk his head on things.  He's a little bulldog.
-Over the past month he started being a cuddle bug. I love it!
-His 1st word:  Nana (I told you he LOVES bananas)
-Won't watch TV.
-Is a great sleeper. Takes 2 naps and sleeps for 12 hrs per night!
-Loves throwing everything off his high chair to watch his dad squirm while the crumbs fly.
-Tate calls him, "Tootee"



TATE:

 
-Wants a "pirate ship, and a dumper, and a digger, and a bulldozer, and marble works, and a car that shoots water from Santa." That's all.
-He can't stop picking his nose! (Anyone have tips??)
-Will never be potty trained!  He will do really well going pee, but the poop... oh the poop. He will not go in the potty.  Lately while wearing diapers he will ask, "mommy, do I have a diaper on? " Then I say yes.  Then I can tell he is peeing!  He is soooo ready.  We are waiting until after the holidays to cut the cord completely.
-He all boy. Very busy and rumbustious.
-He says the cutest prayers, always prays that "we won't fall."
 
 
 

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas season!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE CUTE FAMILY. Thsnks for the darling Christmas Card!!!!

Shelly Karren said...

I will hold Toby as much as he wants when I am home! And good luck with the potty training. Maybe my Mom knows how to potty train boys :). I'm sure I was a breeze. Can't wait to see you! xo

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

It was fun to see you at the Karren party! Your boys are darling.. and getting so big. You have a cute family.

Anonymous said...

The cutest valentine we received was Tate and Toby--they are now on my brag board---thanks and love!!!!