Sunday, November 4, 2012

Failed attempt...

at our 1st "real" family vacation.
 
Brett and I have never taken the boys alone to a hotel/condo so we thought it would be fun to go down to St.George.  Of course a few days before the trip both boys started getting runny noses but seemed well enough to go.
 
The ride down was much easier than expected and the boys did really well in the car.
 
 
 
 1st break in Fillmore for a picnic lunch.
 

 I have memories of me playing on this same Fillmore thing.
 
Finally at the condo! Tate is the happiest!

Sunday night we walked around the temple.



 Tate was so excited to go "hiking" on the red rocks. It was a beautiful day!
 

Toby tolerating us packing him around everywhere even though wasn't feeling well and didn't sleep at all the night before. It was rough for all parties.

 
Loving the sand dunes even though he nearly choked to death from eating too much sand. Seriously...he was choking.  A little scary.
 
 
Tate in little boy heaven with his diggers.
 

Watching the last presidential debates.  Poor boy wasn't too happy.

Tate's bed.  That's right he slept in the king bed while Brett and I slept in a pull out double bed.  We just like to be close; that's all.
 
Anyway, the next night Toby was so stinking hot and miserable we had to come home early.  He slept over 4 hours on the drive home.  He ended up with a double ear infection, poor boy. Glad he is feeling better!
We definitely still had some good times but we weren't able to do as much as planned. Maybe next time!
 

2 comments:

Shelly Karren said...

The best laid plans never quite go accordingly. So sad that Toby was sick. I guess kids are always game changers. Can't wait to see you in December! xo

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the Blog about your trip;and I always love seeing your cute boys!!!!