Monday, July 30, 2012

Me vs "The Pfiefferhorn"

and I won!!!  (Barely).



The Pfiefferhorn.  11,326 ft.  The highest I have ever been. 

I have been wanting to do this hike for a long time because it is Brett's personal favorite.  5 years later we finally do it.  This was my 1st hike of this year (not counting little 1 milers with the boys).  It was hard, but worth it.  My legs are finally back to normal; they were sore for days.


Before 6:50am

About 1 hr into the hike the camera which said it was fully charged when we left said "low battery".  When we got to the knife ridge and I finally got to see the mountain goats (I have always wanted to see these cute white furry animals) the camera said "battery empty."  This is about the time a few tears entered the scene.  My  legs were jello, I was on the knife ridge with cliffs that were scaring me, and I wouldn't get to document that I actually did it.   



Luckily, when we got to the top the camera mustered up enough juice to give us a few pictures. I was happy again. It was absolutely amazing on top.


This pictures doesn't do it any justice.  The knife ridge just before the final climb.
These aren't the goats that we saw, this is from one of Brett's past hikes, but I'm sure some of the goats we saw are related to these ones.  They are so amazing to watch climb on these cliffs. Hooves on cliffs?? I don't understand.


The camera also let me take a few pictures of some flowers before it completely died.

Red Pine Lake



View of the Pfiefferhorn from the Maybird Lakes hike that we did in 2010.

4 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

You are amazing!!! And you look amazing too. That is so fantastic, good for you guys. I don't think I would be able to do it if my life depended on it.

Jenny said...

Nice job! Makes me tired just thinking about it. :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS and I loved all your pictures!!!

Shelly Karren said...

I am so proud of you! This is one of my favorite hikes as well but I never do it because I'm not in Utah hiking shape when I come to visit.