Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dear Tate,

Yesterday was a monumental day.  You came into my room sucking on your blanket (a regular occurrence) and I said to you, "your blanket is dirty, why don't you throw it away?"  And you did it.  You threw your blanket away. The blanket that you have loved since the day you came home from the hospital. The blanket that has soothed you every night and during every nap.  The blanket that you love to sniff and rub on your nose and chew on (which has grossed your parents out!).  It just went in the garbage just like it meant nothing.  I honestly didn't think you would throw it away!  I wasn't prepared for this, but I guess you were.
And guess what, you slept just fine. You didn't even cry.   I cried though.  I cried because it means your growing up. I cried because I want to keep you cute and cuddly forever and when you have your blankie you are cuddly and calm. 
But, Tate, I am so proud of you. You adjust to change so well. You are calm just like your daddy and you just "roll" with things.  You seem so confident and sure of your self.  I love you so much and am proud of the boy you are becoming.

Love,
Mommy








 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for Tate--hope you have another one to replace it--maybe with cars on it!

Jamie said...

Oh! I remember feeling heartbroken as well when we made Annie give up her Mr. Bear. It was awful -- for me. I felt like she was losing her first best friend. So hard watching them grow up.