Thursday, February 10, 2011

The big reveal

I am finally getting around to blogging the kitchen!  Here's before (I lost my original before pictures so I only have one):



So this project took 2x as long as we were expecting. We went to Sherwin Williams in January and bought the best paint, primer, and brushes they had.  We also bought some bead board for around the bottom.  The primer went on without problems; then came the paint. The paint we bought was a different kind of latex paint so that it would dry really hard.  It ended up being really hard to work with because it would dry super fast which would end up causing unwanted brush marks.  After 1 coat of primer, sanding, and then 3 coats of paint we decided to change paint because we weren't happy with the results.  We bought a different paint and did 2 more coats (and more sanding).  I am very happy we are finally done!


AFTER:





New bead board on top cupboards.


The end!

8 comments:

Jill Clark said...

I love it! I've been dying to paint our cupboards white - so i'm a bit jealous. I love the way it turned out and love the beadboard. I also love the color you painted the walls. It looks great.

Annie said...

Wow!!! It looks amazing! I'm also jealous. I've been wanting white cabinets for years- but haven't found the ambition to attack the project. Good for you guys. I seriously can't believe the change. That has got to bring some sunshine to a dreary winter.

Jenny said...

Looks great! I love the bead board.

Laura said...

jessica,
I love it!!! You guys did an awesome job!!

Jamie said...

Nice work you guys!!!!!!! It turned out amazing! I really love it and the color on your walls really sets off the white cabinets. I love it! So happy for you that it's OVER!

tiffany and darren said...

Love, love, love it!!!!!

Amy said...

Love the cabinets and the wall color!!! SO so cute!!

Anonymous said...

WOW what a differnce!! Love it!!
Thanks for blogging about it and thanks for the cute valentine picture of cute Tate, & visit!!