Monday, September 13, 2010

He's got the fever...


Weekly timeline:

Last Wednesday:  Tate's 1 yr old appt - "he's perfectly healthy" the doctor said.  Received his vaccines.

Thursday:  Low grade fever, my thought, "it's just from the vaccines, he'll be fine."

Friday: Higher fever but still playing and doing fine....probably just a cold.

Friday night: Up at 3am..temp 102+...booo!

Saturday morning: Back to the Dr.'s ...bilateral ear infection... luckily my amazing cousin watched him while we went to the Ute game.  Started on antibiotics.

Saturday night: Up at 2am with temp of 103.

Sunday: Still feverish but seems a little better.

Sunday night: up again with temp > 103.

Monday morning: Back to the Dr.'s..."I'm not sure what is going on" she says. Gave him a giant shot of antibiotics.  Hopefully this will be the end of the story.

Poor little guy is miserable. I decided to give up with my own medical knowledge...I'm not rational when it comes to my own child.  It is very different being on this side of the fence. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

So much for never getting sick huh? Poor guy. Hopefully this is the end of it.

Annie said...

I'm so sad that he's even more sick than yesterday. Poor thing. And poor you. That's really the worst. Hope this shot of antibiotics helped turn things around. That's so weird.

Anonymous said...

So glad you blog about little Tate. He's so cute we hate to have him sick. Keep us posted!!