Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Remember me??

I have been such a slacker lately!  I have been putting off blogging because I have so much to blog about and way too many pictures.  We have been doing all kinds of fun stuff and staying fairly busy. I have been reading some amazing books which means less blogging. Sorry. Anyway, to make up for it, this may been the longest blog entry known to man.  Be ready for picture overload! 
Here's our summer so far:


MIDWAY, UTAH
A long, long time ago.... back in June, we went up to Midway with the Karren family while Shelly was up from Boston. We spent a lot of time playing tennis, eating, talking, girly luncheons, manly golfing, fun runs, and laughing.   Not much nighttime sleep on that trip because Tate didn't feel like sleeping at night. 


Lizzie is so cute with Tate.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

4th of July: 
MOUNT AIRE

We went on a short hike to Mount Aire with Shelly on the 4th. It was a beautiful day! 

Our picnic on top.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

BEAR LAKE - July

Next we went up to Bear Lake with my family. Thankfully Tate decided to give us a little sleep on this trip.  This was Tate's 1st time on the beach, he loved it! 

The cutest beached whale ever!!

Captain Baker

It started getting really windy and we put Tate in his play pen with a sheet over it; he thought this was the greatest.

My niece Kaylee.



Tate helping my uncle play the guitar.

My niece Jenna.


________________________________________________________________________________________

Liberty Park

We have been trying to do fun things at night when Brett gets off work so we decided to take a trip to Liberty Park.  It is always a fun place to "people watch" also.




_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Uintahs: Duck Lake

Last weekend we went backpacking for 2 nights with some of Brett's siblings. This was the longest I had been away from Tate but we all survived and are doing well (thanks Kathy for watching him!!).
This backpacking experience was much better than the one Brett & I did last year when I almost got eaten by a bear.  We had a lot of fun and it was beautiful!  I started getting a little obsessed with taking pictures of tree stumps... I know that is a little weird but I was enjoying it.


Yes, Brett's pack is about double the size of mine. Oh well.







Aren't the lily pads amazing!




The whole crew


I will try to do better in keeping updated so that I don't have to do these gigantic posts!  Hope everyone is have a great summer!

6 comments:

Annie said...

My arm around you in the car picture is super awkward.

Love the update. Looks like you guys had a great time this weekend. Wish we could have joined you. We feel like we haven't seen you guys forever. We're thinking of getting everyone together this weekend if you're around. I'll call you tomorrow.

Laura said...

I love the tree trunk pictures! Alot actually :)

Anonymous said...

Loved all your pictures---you have the cutest baby!!! Guess you hated to leave him for 2 days!

Shelly Karren said...

Jessica--You are really a talented photographer, do you realize that? Impressive.

And yes, I think posting more often is a fabulous idea (since Tate seems to change every week and I won't see him again until December!). xo

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Oh my goodness your summer looks so fun! It was fun to see you at Grandma's party. Your Bear Lake pictures make me excited for our upcoming trip to Bear Lake.

Anonymous said...

Jessica, you can't have picture overload. My favorite, was the beached whale!!!