I guess I always thought babies started “getting into things” around 1-2 years old. I was wrong. Tate is into everything! If we leave the toilet seat cover up, he dangles his short arms into the water and then proceeds to suck on his fingers. Lovely. He loves playing in Max’s water dish, especially if Max is eating his dinner next to him. Eating paper from magazines is also fun.
I know it is going to get worse when he learns how to open drawers and cupboards!Last week I was a bad mom. Tate was in the kitchen and I went into my bedroom to hang a few shirts. A few seconds later I heard an awful noise. Thud, thud, thud.... then crying. I knew exactly what had happened. He fell down our stairs. I ran to the rescue and assessed for injuries. Thankfully, he was ok and stopped crying quickly. I felt awful; I think it scared me more than him....well maybe not, but I was scared.
We had been trying to find a gate to fit in our stairway for a few weeks but we couldn't get any to fit with our banister. Needless to say, we fixed the problem that night.




7 comments:
He is too dang darling! Sorry about the stair incident--you're not a bad mom. I went upstairs once and came back down to magic marker on just about every surface, including the baby grand!
Oh no. The T man is on the loose. I'm so sorry about the stairs. That's the worst. Which means it's happened to me too. More than once. Love those pictures. He's the cutest.
He is so stinkin cute. Sorry about the stairs, not fun for either of you.
What a cutie! I'm glad to see you have a Taste of Home cookbook. I love those.
aww, T-man. Somehow I sensed he might be a rabble-rouser in the making. A little early, though. That black & white photo of him tempts me to squeeze him. What a juicer.
As for the stairs thing, that has happened to every parent, so please don't feel bad! He is so stinking cute. Welcome to the 'whirlwind' phase, trying to keep up with your baby!
Ugh. I can remember the one time Annie fell down the stairs. It was AWFUL!!! I can still remember the feeling in my stomach as I heard her falling. It was horrible. Glad the little guy is ok. And I'm sorry he's already getting into things! He must be a curious little guy! At least he's so cute so it's hard to get mad at him!
Post a Comment