Monday, May 10, 2010

Anticipation

I have 4 full days left until I run the Ogden Half Marathon...I am sooo nervous because it has been a LOT of work to train for this race!! I hate the anticipation. Everytime I think about the race it makes me nervous. I am worrying about all kinds of things: what am I going to wear, what will I eat that morning, am I going to have enough sleep (we have to be to the buses around 4:30am!!!), is the music on my i-pod motivating enough, what if I have to pee during the race, how will I find Brett when I am done, should I attempt to drink and run at the same time, should I try to speed up my pace since most of the race is downhill ...the list goes on.  I think I need an antianxiety medication!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Good Luck! I hope I get to see you guys there! Wish I was running with you. My body just isn't cooperating at all for training!

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

Have fun!! You will do great.

Annie said...

I almost wrote an identical post today. I have butterflies just reading yours. Ugh. It'll sure be nice when this is over. I'm stressing now about trying to de-layer without slowing down and getting my shirt over my Garmin and mainly about freezing/dying of heat. Four days. Oh boy. Bless us all. Glad we'll be in it together.

Jenny said...

Just put "Eye of the Tiger" on repeat and you'll do great! :)

Unknown said...

man, you said it girl. i have anxiety coming out of my ears. and to top it all off, i've started having a weird foot cramp since my run last Saturday. I'm telling you, this is NOT good.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! How exciting! I can't even imagine. I'd be such a ball of nerves if it was me. You'll be great!!! I can't wait for the blog post about it all.

Trent said...

It was good to see you guys up there today. Sorry I didn't talk much. I was a bit out of it. Congratulations on a good race. Hope you picked the right outfit.