Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Welcome Home Little One

We are so happy that our sweet little Tate was born Saturday; I personally think he is the cutest baby ever! Everything has gone very smoothly and both Tate and I are healthy.
Brett and I are trying to get used to being parents and adjusting to the lack of sleep that comes with it! I kind of feel like I am living in an ozone -- I feel like my sleep, eating habits, and sense of time has all disappeared, I rotate around Tate's schedule (there is no schedule!).


This picture is of the day he went home (Labor Day); notice the jaundice has set in a bit. He is doing ok though.

Right after delivery.



Tate's first bath.... isn't he cute!!


Grandma and Grandpa Baker


Grandma and Grandpa Karren with Aunt Sam and Uncle Clint.

Tate's cute cousins, Kaylee and Jenna.

Do you see any resemblance?

14 comments:

Kim said...

He's beautiful you two! Congrats! I'm glad he's here safe and sound and that everything went well. Those first few weeks can be tricky, trying to learn how to be a family all over again. Hopefully you can get some rest and enjoy him.

Amy said...

He is so cute!! Perfect little face. Congratulations to the both of you! And you look too cute for just having a baby! So exciting. When can we bring you dinner? Don't worry, it will just be me bringing it, not the whole hoard.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to motherhood! Congrats on a healthy baby boy and I love his name.

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

Congratulations Jessica! I am so happy for you. He is beautiful. All of that hard work paid off - well done.

Anonymous said...

He is darling (in a totally masculine kind of way)! Congratulations! And I love that you just had a baby and look like a beauty queen. Only the Karrens, I tell ya. And yes, I do see the resemblance with Brett. And LOVE the name Tate. So cute. So happy that everything went well and you're all home safe and sound.

CongratS!!!!

Lindseylou said...

Oh Yea!! I am so happy for the 3 of you and I can totally see the resemblence!! you look so beautiful by the way, entirely to great to have been in labor. I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well. Congratulations, he is darling!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful! I am so thrilled for you, parenthood is the best! You guys will be fantastic parents!

kirsten said...

Jess he is sooooooo dang cute! Im glad he is finally here!!! :) i miss you at work!!!

Stephanie said...

Congrats!! He is adorable and you guys are beautiful parents! Love his name by the way :)

hbentley said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy that everything went well and you are both doing well. He is so cute and I think he looks just like Brett.

Laura said...

Jessica,
He is sooo sooo cute! Cant wait to see him! Congrats! Was it as bad as you thought it was going to be? Miss you alot!

brooke said...

How cute is he!!! Congrats!

Shelly Karren said...

Congratulations! You will have to keep this blog very current now that you have a new addition to the family. Can't wait to meet Tate in a few weeks! xox Shell

Andrea said...

He is absolutely beautiful! We are so happy for you both! So sorry about the lack of sleep--it can only get better from here!!