Friday, May 8, 2009

Where the angels land....

Brett & I were as happy as clams as we left our routine lives to go to Zion National Park last weekend. It was a much needed vacation! It was short but we had a great time. We left Friday and headed down to St.George, first stop...In & Out Burger, yummy!! We did a little shopping and went to the movies that night. Saturday we were on our way to the national park. The forecast wasn't so great, it was supposed to rain most the day; we came prepared with our raincoats, but to our surprise the weather was great!! No rain at all! Initially, I thought we would do some short hikes because I was 22 weeks pregnant & I didn't think I could hike Angels Landing. Well, when we got there I changed my mind...I really wanted to do it.
Here we are below in our hotel room, so happy to be on a vacation!!


This is at the bottom of Angels Landing.

This is before the steep climb. You can't be scared of heights on this hike!

Here's Brett hiking the narrow part- notice the chains.
Thankfully, while your climbing you can't see the huge drop-offs on each side of you.


Below, you can see why they named this "Angels Landing", isn't it beautiful??




I could have sat up there forever; what a gorgeous view!


Look out below!!!

We got cleaned up at went to dinner at the Pizza Factory (also very tasty, I guess everything is pretty tasty when you're pregnant??). We then did some more shopping and ended up at Barnes and Noble.

Isn't this a cool picture of Brett?


Sunday we packed our stuff and headed out. On our way we stopped at the St.George temple.




13 comments:

Shelly Karren said...

I miss Southern Utah!! So glad the two of you took a break to enjoy the beauties of the season in St. George and Zions. Can't wait to see you in a month!

Amy said...

Fun little escape! Loved the pictures! And you don't even look pregnant! You are one of those cute tiny pregnant girls! Love it! And I am impressed you did the hike!

Stephanie said...

I was wondering when you were going to update the blog :) I'm glad you got a little break from work, your pictures are so cute!

Annie said...

OK. That picture of your legs hanging over the edge is enough to make me want to die. Otherwise, I loved everything in this post. You are the cutest little prenant woman and I love all of those pictures.

And, thanks for chatting tonight. It was nice to be able to bounce ideas off of you and plus I always enjoy my Jessica time.

Good luck registering this week and please feel free to check with any questions. As always, you're more than welcome to use anything baby of ours.

xoxo

Jenn said...

Congratulations on the hike! That looks georgous! And you're darling, I love the little "bump" your getting. I hear you're also feeling him more. That is the best. Enjoy this fun time!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Zions looks beautiful! So jealous you guys got to go. Congrats - you guys deserved a vacation big time. But um...that pic of your feet hanging off the cliff is seriously giving me vertigo & I'm sitting at a desk!!! How does that happen???

By the way, you look beautiful. Good for you for doing Angels Landing while pregnant.

Glad we got to see you for a little bit yesterday! We're excited for Bear Lake. I think it's a fun little tradish.:)

Later! Have a good week!

Kathy Karren said...

Great pictures! I am so glad the rain skipped Southern Utah. So glad you had a fun trip. You two deserve a little get-away. Brett in the book store -hum- who does that remind me of?? Love you both!!!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Georgous pics! You are so beautiful with your little pregnant belly. :)

Lorien said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorien said...

You're pregnant!! I say that because you are the skinniest little thing, but I actually see a belly! YEA!! I have to make a confession... I get really mad when my best friend drives down I15to go to St. George and does not stop at my house, even if it is just for a minute and you need to pee...hint for next time!!! Still love your guts though! I am not really mad- just giving you a really hard time!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures--keep on blogging. Great for you to both make it to the top!!!

Anonymous said...

First and foremost, I'm so impressed that you are hiking while pregnant. Wow, I milked that for all it was worth and basically laid in bed for 9 months.

Second, I totally agree with getting away from the routine. So, so nice.

Lindseylou said...

Looks like so much fun! The St George Temple is my favorite! you barely look pregnant!