Thursday, March 19, 2009

The News is Out!

Finally I feel like I can officially tell everyone that I'm pregnant! I didn't feel I could do the official "blog" announcement until I told my work. So for those of you who don't know, I am almost 16 weeks pregnant and I am due on Labor Day (Sept. 7th). I am doing very well, I had a few crappy weeks in the beginning but things are now going smoothly. We will find out what we are having on April 2nd; I'm way excited!
I had been hesitant to tell my work because I wasn't sure if they would let me cut down to working one day per week after I have the baby, but so far they have been very good about it. It was strange telling people at work about the news; most people were very happy and excited for me but there were a few of the "professional career women" that seemed surprised that I would ever want to have a family, whatever.
Anyway, I'm ecstatic! I'll try to keep everyone posted on how things are going!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
We're excited to have our 13th great grand child!!! You'll make wonderful parents!!!

Jenn said...

I'm glad you finally broke the news to work. You did wait quite a while. I have been waiting for the "official" announcement. Glad your feeling well. You should be feeling the little flutters soon... way exticing!! Stay in touch!

Annie said...

I was wondering when the announcement would make it to the blog. Glad that work has been good about the big news. I totally remember getting the same reaction from the career women when I announced I was pregnant. And they really thought I was crazy since I was 24 . . . at least you're MUCH older than that! :)

I'm so excited about this baby and Avie and Eliza are SO excited to have a Karren cousin. Woo hoo!

Love you guys.

Kim said...

Jessica, we are very excited for you! I know how you feel about wanting to wait to announce anything - especially to those not in your immediate family. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

congrats again, how exciting!

Amy said...

YAY! Congratulations!!! That is so exciting you guys! That is so nice that your work will work around your needs as a mom. That is GREAT!! Really, congratulations! Being a mom is better than anything (even though it is a LOT harder than a career)Congrats!

Stephanie said...

Yay!! I've been waiting to hear this great news! I'm so excited for you guys! Post a pic soon k?

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I had NO idea. So glad you're over the sick part - yucky! How fun to have a little one on the way. And I'm with Amy, being a mom is the best - albeit harder that the 9-5 job.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Jessica, I am so thrilled for you. You guys will be wonderful parents. Your baby will be absolutely beautiful. I hope you are feeling well! Love ya,
Shannan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That is seriously so exciting!! You are going to make the best mommy!

tiffany and darren said...

Congratulations, I am so excited for you guys!

Lindseylou said...

Oh Yea!!! That's so exciting!!! Wyatt was born on September 7th - try and hold it in until then for me:). You'll be so darling! Congrats!

Unknown said...

So I know I'm commenting a little late - sorry. Haven't been on the blogger for a while. But I just wanted to follow up our conversation about work by saying: "screw being a career woman! work downright sucks!" at least 90% of the time anyway! ha, ha.

I'm still excited for you and also to find out what your baby will be! And especially for you to not have to work full-time much longer! ;) take care -

Nana and Grandpa Kent said...

Congrats to you both!