Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Traffic Jam!




What a mess!!! Brett and I both work in Salt Lake so when we heard the news about the huge tank that was stuck on the freeway we decided to go to dinner in SLC (thinking after we were done the mess would be cleaned up so we could go home). Well, after dinner and grocery shopping we listened to the news and it said NOTHING was moving. We then went to the Avenues for some ice cream at Hatch Family Chocolates (fabulous!) and went for a walk in Memory Grove. Again, we got on the radio-STILL NOTHING MOVING!!! I had a rough day at work so all I wanted to do was get out of my work clothes and RELAX. Thankfully, Annie and Brian let us chill at there house until things got better. We got home at 10:30pm-traffic was still pretty bad but luckily we could use redwood road.

I can't wait until Legacy Highway is finished! Thanks Brian and Annie for letting us come to your house and relax!

I will be posting some pics soon of some summer fun!

3 comments:

April said...

oh my heck. I haven't seen you in forever how are you? I hope all is going great. I hate going to SLC it seems like everytime you go there is something going on. please keep in touch

Annie said...

I cannot believe that terrible traffic! I'm so glad you guys called so you could get at least a bit of a break from your day. I just wish we would have been there to hang with you. But, I must admit that when we came home from Park City, I walked in my house and was totally mortified because it wreaked (sp?) like a poopy diaper . . . and knowing you had been in there with that gross smell made me so embarrassed. (So, to ease my embarrassment, why don't I just tell everyone about my gross house?!) I think there was something sick in the sink, but in any case, sorry for the stinky house. Yuck.

Excited to see you guys tonight!

Unknown said...

Oh man. We heard about that traffic mess, too. Too bad it prevented you from deworkifying-I feel you.

Hey thanks for my pillow by the way! I'm such an idiot for forgetting it. Your pictures look fantastic. What fun.

See you guys tonight!