Monday, June 23, 2008

Mount Olympus

Beware- we got a little picture happy on this hike!
So if any of you don't know, Brett LOVES to hike! He is always telling me hiking stories about him and his brothers. Every time he has told me about Mount Olympus he has told me how hard it is. Well, last week Brett's brother Clint mentioned hiking Mt.Olympus with the wives! All of a sudden Brett starts telling me that it "isn't that hard." I said "What?? You have always bragged about this hike and it's "vertical gain." So, he talked me into hiking it last Saturday. For those of you who don't know; Mount Olympus is 3.1 miles with 4,050 ft elevation gain one way!!
I did it!!! I can hardly walk; but what an amazing accomplishment with breathtaking views! Well worth the climb!




Above, we met Clint and Sam at the top.




This is when I am still "fresh" at the beginning of the hike.


View of Twin Peaks from the summit of Mt.Olympus


Beautiful wildflowers!







7 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! We officially rock, Jessica. We da bomb.:) I just posted on our blog about Olympus, too. He he.

Unknown said...

Um...so, sorry about monopolizing your comments here. But I also meant to put a word in about the BBQ this Friday. I think Clint & I are unclear about the time situation and I don't have your cell. What time is it and what can I bring besides my husband and his steaks?

Jenn said...

Looks like a beautiful hike! Where is it?

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Wow, so you guys are in the best shape!

Shelly Karren said...

You all "officially rock" as Sam says. Way to be a good sport! Can't wait to hike next month!

Amy said...

Good work! Beautiful pics. Very impressive by the way!

Anonymous said...

Wow! sounds fun.