Brett and I were lucky enough to go on a little vacation (without Tate!) to Seattle. Neither one of us had been there and I needed a vacation spot that wasn't HOT!
Off we go!
When we got there it was raining, as can be expected, my rain jacket barely covers my belly...looks pretty cool. This is at Snoqualmie Falls which was beautiful; I could live in this city, they had the most beautiful running trails and the lush trees...loved it.
I was all excited to go to the horse races. I guess I was a little naive thinking it was supposed to be kind of entertaining and fun. Nope, not so much. It was ALL about the gambling. There was one race (lasting about 1 minute) every 20-25 minutes. Glad we went for the experience but won't be doing it again.
Just look at those roads!
The 2nd day we headed to Mt.Rainier National Park. Did I mention how green everything is??
28 weeks.
Sadly, the visitors center had too much snow so we couldn't hike where we planned and of course the peak of Mount Rainier is covered with clouds. It was still majestic. We went on a few smaller hikes to some waterfalls.
This was the view from outside our hotel window. Longhorn BBQ. The Karren boys LOVE BBQ, so it was pretty funny to have this joint so "convenient".
Brett enjoying the pork. Not the best BBQ place I've been too.
DOWNTOWN:
The next day we headed downtown to Pike's Market. I loved the fresh food and craziness!
Mariner's game.
We had to make a stop at one of our "competitors" stadiums at the University of Washington. Brett loves doing this. The coolest thing about their stadium is that it is located right next to Lake Washington - see below is only about 100 yards away. We then went to church at the Singles Ward on campus. It was fun walking in pregnant, pretty awesome.
In front of Puget Sound.
So wish I could do a trip like this every other month!!!

4 comments:
I feel like I haven't seen you FOREVER!! Excited to hear the ins and outs of this trip. It looks just lovely.
Fun pictures of a fun place!! Are you sure you're having a baby in a month--you look so good, Jessica, you could have a dozen!!!
You have to place a few bets at the horse races to fully appreciate them! I totally understand the addiction! My hubby and I have always wanted to go to Seattle, but we always back out before the plans get too settled. It looks like an awesome place to visit though.
glad you had fun! I love Seattle! Your belly looking fab as always! hope you doing well! I miss yoU!
Post a Comment