Monday, October 25, 2010

Cruising

Brett & I had a wonderful time on our week long cruise to the Mexican Riviera last week. I am happy to see Tate but it is hard to get back in the routine of life. Thankfully, Tate did really well with our families and stayed healthy.


Our first stop was Cabo San Lucas:



I absolutely LOVE the ocean. I wish I could be around it more.



Next Stop, Mazatlan:
Not my favorite spot. We decided this would be our "city" and shopping day. Well, we don't really enjoy being attacked by vendors selling junk so we started walking back from the shopping area... and walking....and walking because we didn't really know what else to do.  We ended up walking about 5-6 miles in the heat. Not too enjoyable.


Mazatlan did give us this beautiful sunset.




"Formal" night:

Seriously, the food.   It was to die for! I bet people die from eating too much, I couldn't believe the amounts of food they served.  They are contributing to obesity in America!
Here's Brett eating his second lobster, our server would bring out multiple entrees because we must have looked famished or something!




There was a lot of relaxing

and reading this fabulous book



Last stop, Puerto Vallarta:
Puerto Vallarta has a sweet spot in our hearts because this is where we went on our honeymoon.  We went on a beautiful horseback ride into the jungle.


My favorite part was spending so much alone time with my best friend. I wish I could go on week long trip once a month!



6 comments:

Annie said...

I LOVE that picture of you and Brett at the end. So sweet. I"m so glad you had such a great trip (and that you loved The Help). And I'm so proud of Brett for eating like a real person! :)

kirsten said...

I have been waiting so long for these! JK... GLAD you had fun! you deserve it!

Amy said...

Oh, I am so jealous. I also love the last pic. Very cute. And I don't think you and Brett have to worry about gaining weight. You are both about the skinniest people I know.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Oh that looks heavenly... so jealous...

Jamie said...

Yay!!! I love that you guys had a get-away. It looks absolutely amazing! So jealous of all the relaxing, togetherness. Sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and comments about a great trip--thanks for sharing!