Monday, February 15, 2010

Winterfest 5K (plus)

My dad called Brett and I Friday night and asked us if we wanted to run a 5K in Ogden on Saturday. We decided it would be fun.  My goal was to run it under 28 minutes, I came to the finish line at 31:04 and was upset; Brett quickly updated me that instead of 3.1 miles it was 3.47 (they measured the race wrong.)  So if it was really a 5K I would have ran it in 27:45, yipee I made my goal! 
Brett was amazing; if it was a 5K his time would have been 21:20.  He got 2nd in his age division.
My dad also ran it and got 1st place in his age division (only because he was the only person in his age division!). 
Good times!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Fun! Good for you! Miss you guys! Want to come down for lunch this week? Maybe Thursday or Friday? Let me know.

Amy said...

SO fun!! And congrats on your time. That is awesome! I can't wait to race again!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Good for you guys! That is so awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love that you can do this at the drop of a hat. I'd have to do some serious training just to complete a 5k. Nice work! And way to get your goal!

Kristi, Liezl, Quincy, Ava, Cora, and Josh said...

Great time! Congratulations. I hope the marathon training is going well.