Thursday, January 14, 2010

Home Improvement Project

GONE BAD!!!
Brett decided it would be a good idea to paint our cabinets in our bathroom; he even went to Lowe's to pick out the paint. He asked the salesman if latex paint would work on our vanity and he said it would be fine. The day after we painted I barely touched them with my fingernail and the paint scraped off. We thought it just needed more time to dry. Time did not help. We were supposed to prime the wood before we painted!!
Now we are scraping off all the paint just to repaint again! Booo!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! That's the worst! I hate when home projects go a rye. At least you picked out a great color. Now you know when it really sticks the next time that you'll like the color. :)

Annie said...

Bummer. Do you have to sand it all down before you paint? The color really is great, though. I'm excited to see when you finish it. xo

Lorien said...

Learning!! What a hard thing to do- I only know because we've done similar "oops"s!