Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bear Lake 1/2 Marathon

Brett, his brother Clint, and wife Sam finally ran their 1/2 marathon after hours of training! They all did great! The weather ended up being cool for the race but it wasn't too bad.
Brett's goal was to get under 1:50 and he came in at 1:45 - I was so proud! I got to be the cheerleader on the side line.

Before the race - all looking so excited!


Brett coming to the finish line.




After the race - they're all still standing!!

We are so proud to say that we are related to this awesome runner! This is Brett's cousin Trent finishing the MARATHON in 2nd place. Trent's wife Amy got 2nd place overall in the women's 10K. Great job guys!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I still can't believe everyone upgraded to the Half and stayed behind and did the 10K again. Maybe next time I will join in their awesomeness and step it up a little. Congrats to Brett for beating his goal by a good 5 minutes. That is such a good time!

It was nice to see you. We should have you and Brett over for dinner and a movie before you have your baby.

brooke said...

I can't believe all these crazy runners I'm related to! How did I miss out on that? That is a cool picture you got of Trent.

Annie said...

Love all the finish line pictures. Everyone did SO great!! And, how fun to share it with the speed demons Trent (awesome picture!) and Amy.

Hope everyone is healing up ok. See you this week.

Anonymous said...

Great pics. And a HUGE congrats to all the champs! Wow! Such a fabulous accomplishment.

Unknown said...

It was great hanging with you guys this weekend. Thanks again Jessica for taking our pictures and for cheering us on! We'll be excited to do some sort of race with you next year - be it Bear Lake or the Wasatch Back or whatever else. See you later this week!

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had such a successful race and good time!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Way to go to all of them! I told Sam that she inspires me to want to do a race. Have fun in Midway this weekend! Shelly and Kathy came for a visit yesterday and mentioned you'd be up here this weekend. Hope you're feeling well.