Monday, January 21, 2008

My new job!

I just wanted to update everyone on my new job. I started a new job in December as a nurse practitioner at the Veterans Hospital in Salt Lake City. So basically I take care of old men. I know that sounds horrible to some of you but I actually enjoy them! I am working in a primary care clinic 5 days a week 8-5pm. I have never had a "8-5" job so it is taking a little time to adjust to. It is really nice to have all of my nights, weekends, and holidays off. I also take care of some of the returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan which is quite humbling. I am getting some great experience because the patients are complex, to say the least!

3 comments:

Shelly Karren said...

Hilarious. Couldn't have picked a better photo to represent your job!

Unknown said...

Well, Jess, that is a great picture! Just to let you know though, if you lived here, you might get Jonathan as a patient as he still goes to the VA hospital because of the military. I am sure he wished he could get you as his nurse practitioner....he has not had the greatest experiences in the past. I'm glad you are enjoying it so much. Sounds like it could get interesting at times.

Anyway, hope you are having a good week.

Alea

Amy said...

Congrats on the new job!! Well done. Isn't it great to go from horrible-all through the night- hours to normal daytime hours! Anyways, I hope you don't mind that I commented on your post. But I was excited for your new job!
Amy Jensen