Sunday, September 9, 2012

Birthday boy!

Birthdays find a whole new meaning when you have little ones. It is fun to surprise them with balloons, treats, and of course a few new toys.  Tate and I made a birthday countdown chain 1 month ago, so he was very ecstatic when the day was finally here. 
A few days before his birthday I forced him to do his 3 year old photo shoot, he's adorable:






Every year around his birthday we go to the zoo. This year was extra fun with the polar bear exhibit. Tate loved it.




See Tate behind the gorilla, he wouldn't get any closer.
 

 
 



We celebrated his birthday on Labor Day, Brett started the day out with yummy waffles. Tate's favorite.
 
 

Then we went on a bike ride to the park.

 
Opened some fun presents.
 


Played in the decorations.

 
I made a fun snake cake.

Tate LOVED when everyone was singing Happy Birthday for him.
 

 
 
Got spoiled by the grandparents.
 

 
 
 
Dear Tate,
 
I am so grateful to have you as my son. You bring such joy into my life. It has been fun to see you learn and grow over the past year.  I think you dedicated the last year to diggers. You have been obsessed for so long and still to this day love to see any kind of construction equipment. 
 
You have become a jabber mouth.  You are asking a lot of questions about the world around you.  I love hearing what is on your mind and listening to your cute comments.  You can't quite say your T's yet...still saying the F sound instead which makes it quite entertaining when you are saying "truck" so often.
 
You became a big brother this past year and you have done so well adjusting to this change.  Most of the time, you are really nice to your brother and you are getting better at sharing.  You love to get in Toby's crib and play with him.
 
You still think eating is some sort of torture.  If I get you hungry enough your will eat better, but you definitely have your favorites: peanut butter/jelly sandwiches, mac&cheese, broccoli, carrots,  banana smoothies,  beans, and waffles.
 
You are very smart. You know all of your letters and most of their sounds. You know your numbers and can count to 20. You have an excellent memory.  You can spell your name. You know some of the dinosaurs names.
 
Can't wait to see what this next year brings. You are my best little bud. Happy 3rd birthday Tate!
 
Love,
Mommy


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 3 YEAR OLD. You're so lucky to be born into such a neat family!!!

Shelly Karren said...

Loved reading all about Tate's birthday. So glad we were able to skype--I'm especially glad Tate was so excited about it. xo

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tate! He is growing so big... what a cute family you have. That cake looked awesome!!