Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Piano Man

As you know, we are busy getting ready to move. To make the moving day a bit easier I called around to have someone move my piano.  After I called about 8 different places I found the man. The piano man.  When he called to confirm the details the day before he moved the piano, he told me that his teenage son usually helps him move the pianos.  I thought this was a bit strange because the last time we had my piano moved there were 3 BIG guys.   My piano is in the basement and will need to be taken up a flight of stairs.

Anyway, when the piano man pulled up, out walked 2 young teenage girls with him. Yep, 2 young girls around 13-14 yrs old.   I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. Thoughts of my piano rolling down the stairs crossed my mind.  I asked, "so your the piano movers?"  the young girl said, "today we are, my brother is at a track meet."  Oh boy.
Next up, he pulls out his rigged up ski platform.  He put the piano on this wood platform that had snow skis attached to the bottom.  I couldn't watch any longer.  The next thing I heard is his grunts as he slowly pushed the piano up the stairs on his back....his back.  His assistants helped put blankets on the stairs so that the skis slid easier.

By some miracle he maneuvered the piano onto his pick up truck. Just then, it started raining.  Wow, this is going well. Thankfully, the piano man is well prepared with tarps. 
Somehow, the piano made it in one piece to the new house. Piano man asked me to make sure it was centered in the room, then he sat down and played a beautiful song. 
So wish I had my camera for this fun experience!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your piano moved!!Wish I could help!!!!

Shelly Karren said...

This is a great story. Can't believe that guy did it all himself. And a song at the end of the whole affair? Awesome!

pollyesthertp said...

Wow! Just reading this post gave me anxiety! Glad it arrived safe!