Thursday, March 4, 2010

Magnetic Therapy

If you are a strong believer in magnetic therapy please don't read this posting because I will most likely offend you. Sorry.
Anyway, the other day at work one of my "frequent flyer" patients came in to see me. He is an odd duck. He has very poorly controlled diabetes, high blood pressure, and many other chronic illnesses; he is now going blind from his diabetes but he is CONVINCED that his magnetic pililow and mattress are going to heal him. NEWS FLASH ---IT IS NOT GOING TO HELP!!! I am not saying that a little magnetic therapy might not help joint aches etc, but it is not going to bring your blood sugar down!
He spends most of his appointment with me explaining how magnetic therapy works....I don't buy it.
Maybe if I did yoga on the magnetic energy mat I would understand??

Maybe magnetic treatment would cure this chronic cough Tate has??

4 comments:

Annie said...

hahahaha. That's just fantastic. I can only imagine your face as he tries to sell you on magentic therapy. Best story of the day.

xoxo

Kim said...

Josh gets furious whenever he sees these guys. They tried everything they could to get his mom to try it when she was dying of cancer. They prey on those that are exhausted & frustrated in an effort to buff up their wallets.

Shelly Karren said...

Even his cough is cute! xox

Anonymous said...

That magnetic ball thing is hilarious/atrocious (pretty sure I spelled that wrong).